Discover a Whole New World With LASIK and Other Refractive Surgeries
Wish you could see the world more clearly without having to rely on your glasses or contact lenses?
Refractive eye surgery may be the perfect solution for you!
With LASIK, you’ll enjoy clear vision, all day, everyday — without any need for corrective eyewear.
Have any of the following?
- Myopia/nearsightedness–difficulty seeing faraway objects
- Hyperopia/farsightedness–difficulty seeing near objects
- Astigmatism–blurred perception of near and far objects
Gone are the days of foggy, rain-speckled lenses. LASIK will give you the clear vision you desire and the confidence you deserve.
What is LASIK and Refractive Surgery Co-Management?
LASIK and other refractive surgeries are delicate, and it can all feel overwhelming. That's why we work together with the eye surgeon to provide you with the best outcome in the most efficient manner.
We'll provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision and determine whether you're a candidate for refractive eye surgery. If so, we'll refer you to the ophthalmologist for surgery. Following surgery, we'll provide post-operative care to make sure you maintain healthy, clear vision.
Getting co-managed for LASIK and other refractive surgeries is an advantage, as you benefit from the expertise of two medical experts who work together to provide you with the best eye surgery results possible.
Contact Bella Optical in Northwest Side to schedule a consultation and find out if LASIK (or other refractive surgeries) is right for you.
How LASIK and Other Refractive Surgeries Improve Vision
Have trouble seeing near or far away? The source of the problem may be the curvature of your cornea. An irregular corneal shape affects the way light hits the retina–which sends visual signals to the brain.
LASIK and other refractive surgeries change the shape of your cornea to offer you clear vision, without the need for contacts and glasses. After the surgery, you'll be able to swim, shower and play sports without a second thought about your eyesight.
LASIK & Refractive Surgery Benefits
There is a reason LASIK is so popular–96% of patients report satisfaction after this procedure.
You may see results from LASIK or other refractive surgery quickly–sometimes as soon as a day or two after the treatment.
You are unlikely to feel any pain during the procedure thanks to the numbing drops. Also, you won’t need stitches or bandages after surgery.
Quick recovery time
Compared to other eye surgeries, LASIK has a relatively quick recovery time. Although the speed varies from patient to patient, you may feel like yourself again in as little as 6 to 12 hours.
How to Prepare for LASIK and Other Refractive Surgery
- Stop wearing contact lenses–your eye doctor will tell you how soon before surgery to wear glasses instead of contacts.
- Understand the procedure–talk to your eye doctor about what to expect.
- Arrange a ride–you won’t be able to drive home from the clinic, so coordinate with a friend or relative.
- Arrive with a fresh, clean face–don’t apply eye makeup and avoid wearing heavy lotions or perfumes before the procedure.
What to Expect from the Treatment
- The eye surgeon will apply numbing drops to your eye.
- They will keep your eyes open with a device .
- The eye surgeon will make a small flap in the surface of your cornea with a laser or microkeratome–a precision surgical instrument.
- You will look directly at a light while the eye surgeon reshapes your cornea.
- The surgeon will place the flap back in place so it can heal.
LASIK and Refractive Surgery After-Care
- Apply eye drops as directed by your eye doctor.
- Rest your eyes as much as possible in the ensuing days.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- You may return to your regular activities including driving, after a few days.
- Go to all post-operative eye examinations.
- You may experience blurry vision after surgery. This should go away, but if it persists after several months, discuss it with your Bella Optical eye doctor.
LASIK & Refractive Surgery Co-Management in Northwest Side
Meet our Eye Doctors
- Monday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
- United Healthcare
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross
Lasik Refractive Surgery FAQs
The satisfaction rate is very high for post-LASIK and refractive surgery patients. That said, whether you’ll still need corrective eyewear after surgery depends on your eye condition, how well your cornea responded to surgery, and the healing process.
LASIK and refractive surgery are specifically designed to correct refractive errors caused by an irregular shaped cornea. It can’t solve the following:
- Amblyopia–lazy eye
- Cataracts–cloudy patch on the surface of the lens
- Glaucoma–damage to the optic nerve caused by pressure inside the eye
- Keratoconus–weak or thin cornea that bulges forward
No procedure is completely free of possible risks and complications and the same is true of LASIK and refractive surgery. Some of these include:
- Dry eye symptoms
- Double or blurry vision
- Flap problems including infection
- Vision undercorrection or overcorrection
If you experience any of these. Contact Bella Optical right away.
Usually, LASIK or refractive surgery is successful the first time around. However, if the problem persists after the treatment, the eye surgeon may repeat the surgery.
Contact Bella Optical in Northwest Side today to learn more about LASIK and other refractive surgeries and to find out if you're a candidate.